Safely travel in a comfortable modern vehicle to Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa
Have full control over the itinerary of this one day trip
Rely on an English-speaking driver who knows the routes and the local attractions
Have a choice of additional activities
Tours for February
Tours for March
Tours for March
What to expect:
This is a 12-hour private tour with an English-speaking driver, where you program the details of your itinerary.
The driving time is approximately 3 hours per direction, meaning you’ll have plenty of time to explore these very historical cities.
Koprivshtitsa is a small museum village, which to this day has preserved the revolutionary spirit in its narrow cobbled streets and colorful houses. Immerse yourself in its history and learn why it’s so significant for the Bulgarian history.
Plovdiv is the second biggest city in Bulgaria, the European Capital of culture for 2019 and one of the oldest settlements in the world. It’s a meeting point of different traditions, cultures and lifestyles.
Plovdiv’s center is very compact and all the sights in it are within a walking distance. There are 3 main areas worth special attention:
- The Old Town of Plovdiv, where you can admire Roman ruins, such as the Ancien Тheater, and traditional mansions from the Bulgarian Revival period.
- The main pedestrian street with beautiful early 20th – century renaissance buildings. This is the best place for shopping with many shops and small boutiques.
- Kapana – this is the art district of Plovdiv, where you can find handmade gifts and souvenirs, and cosy restaurants and chic bars. It is a fine place to eat, have a drink and relax. There is a lot of fine graffiti’s there, worth admiring.
- Car – up to 3 people – 149 euro per vehicle
- Minivan – up to 8 people – 189 euro per vehicle
- Transfer with a comfortable air-conditioned car or minivan, throughout the tour.
- English-speaking driver.
- Pick up and drop-off from your accommodation in Sofia.
Prices do not include:
- Admission fees, food, and personal expenses;
- Audio guide rental for Plovdiv (5 euro per person – available in English, Spanish, and Italian)
Good to know before you go on your Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa day tour:
- Due to the longer travel time, we recommend departing from Sofia at around 7-8 AM
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Clothes: Koprivshtitsa is more than 1000 meters above sea level in the mountains. The weather conditions can change within minutes. We advise you to bring warm clothes even during the summer.
- The weather in Plovdiv can get very hot during the summer season. We advise you to bring a sun hat, sun lotion and sunglasses.
- Shoes: We advise you to wear comfortable walking shoes as most of the streets in Koprivshtitsa and the Old town of Plovdiv are cobbled.
- Cash is the king: Kindly note that payment by credit/debit cards is not possible everywhere (museums). There are cash machines in both Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa. For your personal expenses, we recommend bringing leva in cash with you.
- Food: There are many restaurants in Plovdiv, offering both Bulgarian and International cuisine. The most famous place to eat is the Kapana neighborhood, located near the main pedestrian street. There are also several fast food options. If you wish to spend more of your free time exploring the city than you should consider bringing a lunch pack with you.
- If you’d like to travel in a group tour with an English-speaking tour guide, you may book our Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa day tour from HERE
- More blog posts for other interesting locations to visit can be found Here.