- Take a guided tour in the Old Town of Plovdiv where art, culture and history collide into an unforgettable experience;
- There is no better way to maximize your time in Plovdiv and learn about its major sights;
- Plovdiv will be the European Cultural Capital for 2019;
- Enjoy the artistic and laid-back atmosphere of the colorful Plovdiv;
- Hear the history behind a range of ancient sights and modern attractions.
EVERY MONDAY AND FRIDAY
Meeting point: 09:00 Alexander Nevski Cathedral (a detailed map will be provided with the reservation)
Duration: 8 hours; 4 hrs spent in transfer time
Live guide: English language (for other languages please enquire)
Drop off: Alexander Nevski Cathedral
NEW: Audio guides for Plovdiv in Spanish and Italian!
While Sofia is the administrative center of Bulgaria, Plovdiv is its cultural and artistic capital. Plovdiv is the second biggest city in Bulgaria and is just a 2-hour drive on a motoroad from Sofia. It is also one of the oldest European towns contemporary to Troya and Mycenae.
This tour explores in depth the cultural and ethnic kaleidoscope of the Old Town, its colorful and unique architectural ensembles, as well as all the major historical sights. Our energetic guides will make the walk educational and fun. In this tour, you will learn a lot, have fun and have time on your own for lunch and shopping. This is one of our best selling escorted excursions.
Prices per person:
The tour is offered on per person basis every Monday and Friday from April until December!
Adult: 30 euro
Child (up to 12 years old): 20 euro
- English speaking guide-driver throughout the tour
- Transport in a modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air condition
What's not included:
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pick-up costs additional 5/10 Euro per reservation (not per person, depends on the hotel location).
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable to walk on cobbled streets
- Especially in summer - bring a sun hat, sun lotion and sunglasses
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Children under the age of 5 years old will not be permitted on this tour