- Explore the largest megalithic archeological complex on the Balkans, to which journalist a bit pompously refer to "the European Machu Picchu"
- Learn about the mystical Thracian tribes and their cults
- Discover the second biggest city in Bulgaria - Plovdiv and its well renowned Old Town
- Go back to 19nth century Bulgaria by visiting the idyllic town of Koprivshtitsa
Bulgaria is in the top three countries in Europe with Italy and Greece in archeological remains and artifacts. One of the world's most sensational archeological finds in the last 15 years is Perperikon. This is a major religious settlement with a history spanning from antiquity to the medial times. On its cult alter, the largest on the Balkans, Alexander the Great received the prophecy that he will subdue Asia, while the Romans, that they will form an empire that will rule the world. In this 2-day tour, you will also explore the highlights of Plovdiv, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in Europe and Koprivshtica - a 19th-century museum-town.
Day 1. Sofia - Koprivshtitsa - Plovdiv
8:30 pick-up from your hotel and transfer (2hrs) to Koprivshtitsa. The road meanders between the majestic Balkan Mountains and gentle hills of Sredna Gora Mountain. Guided walking tour of Koprivshtitsa with entry to museum-houses of 19th-century merchants, craftsmen and revolutionaries.
12:00 Transfer to Plovdiv (1.5 hrs). Optional stop at Starosel Thracian Complex (V century BC). Arrival in Plovdiv, check in your hotel and free time for lunch.
16:00 Guided tour of the Old Town of Plovdiv, a site on the tentative UNESCO World Heritage List. Entries to the Roman Theater (II century AD), one of the best preserved Roman structures in Bulgaria, the Roman Stadium (II century AD) that had accommodated 30 000 spectators and the Plovdiv Ethnographic Museum are included.
Day 2. Plovdiv - Perperikon - Bachkovo Monastery - Sofia
8:00 After breakfast transfer (1.5 hrs) transfer to Perperikon. Guided tour of the whole complex, which in its over 7000 years of history it passed through different stages of development - ancient town, cult center, administrative settlement and medieval stronghold.
12:30 Transfer (1 hr) to Bachkovo Monastery and lunch there in some of the local restaurants. Tour of the monastery complex (the second biggest in Bulgaria) with entry to the unique dining room with its fresco painted walls.
15:30 -16:00 Transfer back to Sofia (2.5 hrs). End of services.
1 pers - 360 Euro; 2 pers - 195 Euro per pers.; 3-4 pers - 125 Euro per pers.; 5-7 pers. - 95 Euro
Single room supplement: 20 Euro
- Professional English speaking guide throughout the tour
- All transportation and parking costs
- Admission fees in Koprivshtitsa, Plovdiv, Perperikon and Bachkovo Monastery
- Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in central Plovdiv on bed and breakfast basis
What's not included:
- Personal expenses
- Other meals besides breakfast on day 2.
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Comfortable walking shoes are compulsory
- Especially for the summer months we highly advise you to have sunglasses, sun lotion and hat.
For inquiries and booking please contact us at: email@example.com or phone us at: +359 2 489 08 85