- Visit two of the most frequented tourist towns in Bulgaria in just one day
- Admire traditional 19th century architecture
- Visit one of the oldest continuesly inhabited towns in Europe - Plovdiv
- Enjoy a guided walk in the Revival-period Koprvishtitsa
- Explore Plovdiv's archeological delightsNEW: Audio guides in Italian and Spanish
Meeting point: 08:00 Alexander Nevski Cathedral (a detailed map is received with the reservation)
Duration: 11 hours; 5 hrs spent in transfer time
Live guide: English language (for other languages please enquire)
Drop off: At Al. Nevski Square around 7:00 pm
Best period: April-October
Week schedule: Wednesday & Sunday
NEW: Audio guides for Plovdiv in Spanish and Italian!
Discover the cities of Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa on this full-day tour from Sofia. The amusing mixture of traditions, culture, and architectural masterpieces are a must-see for every culture-hungry traveler.
A 2-hour drive from Sofia will take you to the city of Plovdiv, Bulgaria’s second largest city and one of its oldest towns. Within 2-3 hours of walking along the city, you will discover the history and culture behind a 7000-year old settlement, written by the Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman, and Bulgarian civilizations. You can enjoy sightseeing in the Old Town with its museums, historical monuments, revival period houses, lined with souvenir shops cobbled streets or get impressed by the rich Ethnographical Museum and the ancient Roman Theater. Feel the atmosphere of this artistic and trades center and enjoy a lunch at the local restaurants.
Next stop on your way back is the charming town of Koprivshtitsa with its fascinating history and authentic 19th-century architecture. Spend the rest of the day in the leisure of this small and picturesque city situated in central Bulgaria, spread amongst the slopes of the Stara Planina Mountains, that carries a specific spirit of tranquility and eternity. Once a scene of battles for the liberation of Bulgaria, now the city is turned into museum of the Revival Period of Bulgaria. Here you can visit the homes of some of the most eminent Bulgarians, writers and rebels, admire the vast collections of ethnographical treasures, including ancient weapons, intricate national costumes and stunning jewelry.
During May and June, there is a short (photo) stop on the way to Plovdiv the see and pick rose-oil yielding roses - one of the most recognized symbols of Bulgaria!
45 Euro per person; Child discount (up to 12 years old) - 35 Euro per child. Great group discounts.
- English speaking guide throughout the tour
- Transport in a modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air condition
What's not included:
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees (about 7 Euro in total per person)
Extras: Hotel pick-up costs additional 5/10 Euro per reservation (not per person, depends on the hotel location).
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable to walk on cobbled streets
- Especially in summer bring sun hat, sun lotion and sunglasses
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Children under the age of 6 years old will not be permitted on this tour