- Enjoy a full day tour to the Bulgaria's medieval capital
- Admire some of the most spectacular sceneries that north Bulgaria has to offer
- Take a walking tour in the iconic hill-fortress Tsarevets
- Discover the way of life of 18-th century Bulgarian merchants and craftsmen by exploring the architectural reserve of Arbanassi
- Try delicious local cuisine specialties
- Benefit from the small group tour's more personal experience
Meeting point: Back part of Alexander Nevski Cathedral (Restaurant La Cathedrale) at 07:00 am.
Duration: 11-12 hours; 6-7 hrs spent in transfer time
Live guide: English language (for other languages please enquire)
Drop off: Alexander Nevski Cathedral (Optional: hotel drop off)
Best period: April - November
Veliko Tarnovo was the medieval capital of Bulgaria. The town flourished between the 12th and 14th century, when the territory of Bulgaria spanned over most of the Balkans. During the 5 century of Ottoman oppression, the town developed as a merchant and craftsmen town with "distribution channels" extending into North Africa and Central Europe. Nowadays, the town has often been ranked by the media as the most beautiful and pleasant Bulgarian city to live in. Veliko Tarnovo and the nearby architectural reserve Arbanassi are included in almost every tour agency’s round trip itinerary, while famous guidebooks define it as a mustsee tourist attraction. Despite the long transfer time from Sofia (3hrs) you will quickly understand why its worth doing it. Our tour’s goal is to present to you, in an intriguing and educational way, all of the major tourist highlights in Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanassi.
Special price of 50 euro per person every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday (from 1st of April until 15th of June)!
1 pers. - 180 Euro/pers; 2 pers - 99 Euro/pers; 3 pers - 80 Eur/perso; 4-7 pers - 65 Euro/pers; 8-12 pers - 60 Euro/pers;
- English speaking guide throughout the tour
- Entrance fees
All transportation and parking costs
What's not included:
- Meals and drinks
- Guides' gratuits
- Other personal expenses
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking on cobbled streets
- Sun lotion, sunglasses and hat. During the summer months, it may get very hot!
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Children under the age of 6 years old will not be permitted on this tour
- Children between 6 years old and 12 years old are entitled to 50%