- Immerse yourself in the blossom and tender fragrance of the Rose Valley (roses bloom only once annually)
- See the iconic Kazanluk Thracian Tomb (UNESCO)
- Learn about the technology of the rose oil (and rakia (Bulgarian brandy) as well) production and sample some rose products
- Visit and tour on your own the Revival-period Koprivshtitsa (shortstop, driver-only)
This is an exciting full day trip revealing the secrets and splendour of the Bulgarian rose oil production and the ancient Thracian tomb of Kazanlak. An early 3-hour transfer from Sofia will take you to the town of Kazanlak. There you will meet our local guide and head east to the Ethnographic Complex Damascena, located in the heart of the Valley of Roses. This is the best place to learn how the rose oil is produced and why it is as expensive as gold. The guide will also take you to the elegant Russian style church of the Nativity and if time allows to the Shipka peak for great panoramic views. You will return to the town of Kazanlak and visit the notorious Thracian tomb (UNESCO) dating back from 4th century BC. We will leave our local guide in Kazanlak and will use a different route between the Balkan and Sredna Gora Mountain. Your English-speaking driver will stop you for a short break in Koprvishtitsa, a small town showcasing in the best way the Bulgarian Renaissance architecture.
Special price of 50 euro per person every Tuesday and Thursday from the 15th of May until the 15th of June!
1 pers. - 180 Euro/pers; 2 pers - 99 Euro/pers; 3 pers - 80 Euro/perso; 4-7 pers - 65 Euro/pers; 8-12 pers - 60 Euro/pers
- English speaking local guide (for the Rose Valley sights only)
- Transport by modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air condition
What's not included:
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable to walk on cobbled streets
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Children under the age of 6 years old will not be permitted on this tour