Marvel the over 7000-years old heritage of Plovdiv that has been crafted by Thracians, Romans, Greeks, Turks and Bulgarians. This is a guided tour of Plovdiv's highlights, but also to the attention to its hidden gems and wine production culture.
- Take a guided walk of the Old Town of Plovdiv – it is much like an open-air architectural museum
- Enjoy a walk along the longest pedestrian (and shopping) street on the Balkans
- Admire the artistic Kapana district with its graffiti, fancy coffee shops, bars and restaurants.
- Sample local Bulgarian wines with a side dish
This is a tentative program of this private trip and can be altered according to your wishes.
9:00 pick-up from your accommodation in Sofia
9:00-10:45 Transfer on the motorway from Sofia with Plovdiv
10:45-13:30 Guided walking tour of the Old Town of Plovdiv
13:30-15:30 Free time for lunch and shopping
15:30-16:15 Sampling of 3 local wines with a side dish at the Kapana District
16:30-18:30 Transfer from Plovdiv to your accommodation in Sofia, where the tour will be concluded.
The tour starts from the reception of your hotel with a roughly 2-hour transfer on a highway to Plovdiv. The road passes through mountains, valleys and wide fertile plains. You will have a guide with you throughout the tour.
The guided walking tour of the Old Town of Plovdiv will start upon arrival. The Ancient Theater, the Ethnographic Museum, Nebet Tepe and other major places of interest will be visited. The walking tour ends at the main pedestrian street, which is lined by restaurants, bars and shops. You will be given free time to have lunch (own expense), go shopping or do further exploration of the Old Town on your own.
In the afternoon you will be guided in the Kapana District – a fancy artistic neighborhood. A wine tasting will be organized (included) in one of the renowned restaurants there. Plovdiv is in a famous wine-producing region.
- 1 pers. – 140 Euro;
- 2 pers. – 75 Euro per person
- 3 pers. – 65 Euro per person
- 4-7 pers. – 55 Euro per person
- 8-13 pers. -50 Euro per person
Use the contact form or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a reservation.
- English speaking guide throughout the tour
- Entrance fees in Plovdiv
- 3-course lunch with wine tasting (3 different wines)
- All transportation costs
Prices do not include:
- Other meals besides the lunch
- Personal expenses
- Clothes: The weather in Plovdiv can get very hot during the summer season. We advise you to bring a sun hat, sun lotion and sunglasses.
- Shoes: We advise you to wear comfortable walking shoes as most of the streets in the Old town of Plovdiv are cobbled.
- Food: There are many restaurants in Plovdiv, offering both Bulgarian and International cuisine. The most famous place to eat is the Kapana neighborhood or along the main pedestrian street. There are also several fast food options.