About this activity
Prices from 25 euro
Approximately 10 hours
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Easy cancellation: CANCEL UP TO 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE FOR A FULL REFUND
- Enjoy a life-remembering full-day self-guided hiking tour to the pristine heart of the majestic Rila National Park in Bulgaria! Explore the mountain’s beautiful nature and wildlife!
- Set your own hiking pace, without being dependent on the pace of other tour members.
07:00: The trip from Sofia to the Seven Rila Lakes starts from the parking behind Alexander Nevski Cathedral (you will receive a detailed map after you complete the booking process).
09:00: Arrival at the bottom station of the Panichishte Resort chairlift.
09:30: Arrival at the top station of the chairlift and start of the Seven Rila Lakes trek.
15:00: End of the hike and arrival back at the top station of the chairlift.
15:30: Arrival at the bottom station of the chairlift and a transfer back to Sofia.
17:30: Arrival at the starting point of the tour (Al. Nevski Square).
*Please note that all of the timetables are approximate and are subject to change, depending on the weather conditions, and the traffic along the way.
The hike starts from the upper station of the chairlift, located at 2095 m. asl. On the way up, the trail passes by the shores of The Fish Lake, The Trefoil, and The Twin Lake, before reaching the picturesque Kidney Lake, located at 2282 m. asl. The steepest incline is between the Kidney Lake, and the top two lakes – The Eye, which is the deepest one, and The Tear, located at 2535 m asl. The way back from the Tear to the Kidney lake is the same. From the Kidney, you will reach the upper station of the chairlift through an almost flat panoramic path, which offers an astonishing view to four of the lakes, and the surrounding landscape.
Prices: Special offer price of 25 Euro per person.
- Transfer from Sofia to the bottom station of the Lift to the 7 Rila lakes in Panichishte resort, and back.
- All transportation, and parking costs.
- A detailed description, and a map of the itinerary.
Prices do not include:
- Meals and beverages.
- Chairlift ticket from Panichishte and back (20 leva/10 euro per person, bough on spot only).
- Personal expenses.
- Hotel pick-up costs an additional 5/10 Euro per reservation (depending on the hotel location).
- Тrekking poles can be pre-booked online for 6 euros per person (recommended, in case you have weak joints).
- Food: We strongly recommend you to take your own food. You may also take advantage of the meals on offer in the two huts, located near the chairlift’s upper station, from where the hike starts. The menu is limited though: soups (lentils, beans), grilled meat and some basic meals, and the service could be rather slow in the peak of the season.
- Difficulty: The Seven Rila Lakes hike is moderately arduous, with individual brief paths featuring steep inclines.
- What to bring: Please, bring along comfortable hiking boots. Sandals and flip-flops are not accepted. Rain jackets might be useful in summer as heavy showers sometimes occur in the afternoons. We also recommend you to bring sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
In case you want to book this tour last minute and you don’t feel well equipped for hiking during the spring and the autumn season, you can rent from us ski jackets and ski pants (at the departure point, cash payment accepted only). You can also buy from us winter trekking shoes, hats and gloves. Please mind, that we may not have available shoes and clothes to fit your size.
- Best period: From mid-June to mid-September.
- We also offer this tour with a mountain guide included, which can be booked Here.
- You can learn more about this destination, you can do so directly from one of our guides from Here.