- Take this tour of inspiring landscapes and ultimate cultural discovery
Meeting point: Parking at the back of Alexander Nevski Cathedral (La Cathedrale Restaurant) at 9:00 am. Hotel pickup: Optional
Duration: 7-8 hours; 4 hrs transfer time
Live guide: English language (for other languages please enquire)
Drop off: Alexander Nevski Cathedral (Hotl drop-off: Optional)
Best period: April-November
The road from Sofia to Koprivshtitsa (around 2 hrs drive) follows the southern foothills of the majestic Balkan mountains providing spectacular views of its snow-capped alpine peaks.
Panoramic pastoral views, coupled with more than numerous colorful Revival-Period houses, make the teeny town of Koprivshtitsa memorable for nature lovers and history enthusiasts alike. Traipse along the narrow cobbled streets for a guided look at some of its most inspirational attractions.
We start the walk at the monumental mausoleum, located on Koprivshtitsa’s central square. It was built in memoriam of those killed during the 1876 April Uprising. Venture along to the stunning home of the local merchant Nencho Oslekov. We will marvel its ornately painted facade and see how a well-off Bulgarian family lived during the 1850s–1900s. We will visit the homes of symbolist poet Dimcho Debelyanov, the Karavelov family, and revolutionary leaders Todor Kableshkov and Georgi Benkovski. The tour also includes a stop at the famous Assumption of the Virgin Mary Church. Sample some of the local organic dishes such as stomna kebap.
On the way back we choose a different route, which transects the Rose Valley of Strelcha. During spring time, we may stop to join the locals in their rose picking activities.
1 pers. -110 Euro; 2 pers. - 60 Euro/pers.; 3 pers. - 49 Euro/pers.; 4-7 pers. - 46 Euro/pers.; 8-12 pers. - 43 Euro/pers.
- All transportation and parking costs including pick-up and drop off from your hotel
- English speaking guide throughout the tour
- Entrance fees to house-museums in Koprivshtitsa
What's not included:
- Meals & drinks
- Other personal expenses
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. Koprivshtitsa streets are covered with cobble stones
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Children between 5 and 12 years old are entitled to 50% (please inquire, the discount is applied manually)
- This is a small group tour